Monday, November 3, 2008

A Michigan Weekend

Julia and I went to Ann Arbor on Saturday. Kaitlyn's friends honored her with a "shower of love." It was a great afternoon. Gaia and Julie did a great job planning the shower especially for Kait. The menu was all Haitian foods! Haitians breads, rice, mango punch, vegetables, and a mango pie for dessert. One of Kaitlyn's favorite foods in Haiti was the Mango's. It was so nice to meet Michael's mom, sister, grandmother and aunt. Julie was the shower Photographer and will email photos later. (my camera was in the van) Kaitlyn and Michael received many nice gifts!

On Sunday, we got up and went to kaitlyn's church. Nick drove over from EL and joined us for church and my FAVORITE restaurant for Sunday lunch, Cosi! Below are some photos from the day on Sunday.


'The wedding is 26 days away! I can't wait!

4 comments:

Annie said...

OK, can I get this straight? You and Julia were in Ann Arbor and didn't call us??? You pooh.

Karen Combes said...

I know, Annie! I am so sorry! It was such a quick trip! We have got to get our girls together soon!

Anonymous said...

Great photos Karen....I can't wait to see you all soon!

Nick said...

this was a fun day!! cosi was sooo good. i think that holiday sandwich is out now...