Sunday, July 6, 2008

fourth of july weekend


We had a great weekend. Nick's friend, Tigi, came down from Michigan for a visit. Then, early Friday morning, Tim and Emma arrived via Amtrak. We had a full house and lots of laughs. On Friday, Mike, Nick, Tim, Tigi and Julia were in the Anderson Fourth of July Parade. Emma and I passed since it was raining. We cooked out later in the day...hamburgers and hot dogs, of course.

Tigi and Julia

Emma taking a picture of me taking a picture of her.
Tigi and Nick
Combes Family minus Kaitlyn! We miss you, Kaitlyn!
Mike and Karen with the American Idol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!!! I kept watching for photos like this!!

Tigi is so pretty!!

Have fun and thanks for having Emma!! She loves you guys!

Anonymous said...

PS She IS the American Idol in our book.... Go Tigi!!!

Karen Combes said...

Karla ~ I've been waiting for an update on the Brown blog for almost two months!!! ;-)

Julia says "hi" to everyone!

Anonymous said...

May I PLEASE become an honorary Combes Family Blog member? I love it! Thank you so, so much, once again, for a wonderful weekend. Karrrren and Mike, you are two of the most cheerful, giving, positive people that I know, shining the light of Christ wherever you are. You've raised your children so, so well...great family. Great post.

Karla, can't wait to see you again someday, soon! :)

Tigi

kaitlyn said...

I love the photos! I'm happy to hear you all had such a good weekend with Emma and Tigi.. but sad I missed out!

Mom, Tim is TOWERING over you in that family picture. He is going to be so much taller than me when I get home. My baby brother...

Emma: Do you remember "the cow?". "Loved it." "The braids?" "Love it for them, hate it for me... okay hate it."

Miss you guys!

msufan56 said...

Karen - great pictures and blog. It was such a fun weekend of joy and laughter. Emma and Tigi are such positive forces to have around. They permeate the house with Christ's love - very, very cool.

The only thing missing was Kaitlyn. We love you and miss you so much Kaitlyn. btw, great picture of you. You look so beautiful.

Love,

Dad

Karen Combes said...

Kaitlyn~for some reason I think Julia will tower over us as well. We will probably the "shrimpos" in the family! It was great talking to you this morning. I love you.