Wednesday, July 2, 2008

thank you, nick's home, julia's haircut

Aunt Linda and Julia have a very special relationship. It is one that doesn't need words. They work and play together on many levels. Linda came down from Michigan to help while I'm recuperating. One day, Linda took Julia to the zoo. They left around 9am and didn't return until 5pm. They had quite an adventure at the zoo. The next day, Linda and Julia did some planting and gardening. It was a very humid morning, but Linda was very impressed with Julia's work ethic. I was thankful for both of their hard work. Linda made us fabulous dinners, did the laundry and picked up the house. Thank you so much Linda! Thanks to Tom for sharing his wife for the week. We love you guys!
Linda and Julia hugging goodbye.
On Monday, Nick arrived home from Germany. Here are Mike and Julia waiting for him.
Aunt Linda and Julia made this sign for Nick! He really liked it!
Nick had a great time. I am so happy he is home.
I got tired of fighting all Julia's tangles and today "Jeffiner" cut off over 4" of hair.
Isn't it beautiful?
Nick and Juju.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her hair cut!! It is adorable!!

Linda..you are such a special Aunt and sister and sister in law! The Combes are so blessed by you!!

Nick looks great! Emma and Tim are very excited to be heading that way tomorrow!

Love ya

Linda said...

Julia,

The hair is "to die for!" Ask Nick what that means!

Nick,

Es freut mich sehr dass du zu Hause bist, saftig and sicher? Ist dass richtig fur "safe and sound."

Karen,

I'm glad you are healing. It always touches my heart to be with you, Mike and kids.

Mike,

Our talks and bike rides meant a lot to me.

Tim,

I missed you, but hope you have had fun with the other members of the family.

Kaitlyn,

You're always close in heart. We look forward to being with you in person. Love to Michael.

Karla,

You are always so generous with loving words. Bless you. Takes a special aunt to know one.

Love to all,

Linda

msufan56 said...

Linda,

Thanks for all your help and for taking extra special care of Karen. Thanks also for your special relationship with Julia and all our kids. And thanks for the great bike rides and talks. You are certainly a special sister, Aunt, sister-in-law, friend and person.

Love,

Mike

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR CUT HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON
LOVE
KELSEY

kaitlyn said...

Okay I'll finally post the comment I've been trying to post for days.. ohh Haiti internet.

These are awesome photos!

I am so glad Nick MADE IT back from Germany. We've gotten to talk twice on Skype since he's been back and that is so good for my soul. Nick, dad said you lost some while in Germany, what if you would have ballooned??

Julia, you are beautiful. Your hair is adorable! It looks even blonder now that it's short.

Mom you look great too! I am so glad you're feeling good.

I love and miss you all and will see you in 6 weeks. Mom in 5:)

-kait

Karen Combes said...

Great photo, Kaitlyn! Who took it?? I love you! Glad you posted!

Anonymous said...

Oh, GREAT Combes Family Blog! I love, love, love it. I am in Cincinnati and I am loving it. Karrren, Mike, Ricky, Tim, Julia, and EM! are so wonderful. This has been a great weekend. "Good 4th of July Family". Thank you so much for opening your great home to me! What a blessing. :)

-Tig

Annie said...

Very cute haircut!