Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guess Who I Saw Today

So today we went on a bus tour of Berlin and we made a stop to see the Brandenburger Tor. We got out of the bus and had to cut through a building to get to the Tor. So as we were about to walk through the glass doors the security tells us that we cant go through because Condoleezza Rice was about to walk from the American Embassy to her hotel. The building we were in was right in between the two. So about 2 minutes later Condoleezza Rice walked right by where we were. We all started waving and taking pictures. I got one of her. I shouted I LOVE YOU and she waved and pointed at my shirt which was an East Lansing shirt. It was very exciting. She was like 10 feet from me.

5 comments:

Karen Combes said...

Nick! That is so cool! I can't wait to see the picture you took of her. I can't wait to talk to you over the weekend and see you on Monday!
Love,
Mom

msufan56 said...

Nick,

What an honor to see a sitting Secretary of State!!! It's especially cool that she pointed to you.

I love you and can hardly wait till you get home. I miss you.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Nick:

That is sooo cool!! It would be awesome to see her in the states, much less in Germany. I love her!

Can't wait to talk to you when you get home!!

Love you Nick

Anonymous said...

That is so neat, Nick! How exciting! Can't wat to see the pictures!
Kelly

Annie said...

How fun is that!!! I'm glad you had the vim to shout out to her. I expect she gets a lot of shouts she doesn't like to hear! I expect I would have been too shy.