Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Who would have thought a hurricane could hit Cincinnati?? Well, at least hurricane strength winds. Sunday afternoon was predicted to be windy, but no one called this one. We had gusts up to 74mph and trees were snapping and limbs fell everywhere. The power was out in 90% of the Cincinnati area. School was cancelled on Monday and Tuesday. Our power came back on Monday night. It was quite amazing and we are thankful that no one was hurt in our family.
Here is the tree that snapped in our backyard. Mike among the debris in our side yard. What a mess!
Debris in our driveway. The kids and I raked Monday afternoon. Good times.

A HUGE blessing came of this!
I have a clean refrigerator courtesy of Julia!
A movie of our back yard and you can hear the wind whipping around!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unreal!!! I think that God was giving Tim a couple "free" days off school so that he could rest!!

Could Julia please come to my house A.S.A.P??? She smiles even while cleaning hugh??

Love you all and so happy that you have power again!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't that storm something, it even reached Pennsylania. I am glad you are OK! Now you can undrstand how I dread hurricane season. I am glad we dodged the bullet this time tho I ache for the people down in Texas.

Love you, Mom C

It's Gonna Be Me said...

I am so glad you are all okay!

junglemama said...

Julia looks great! Maybe she wants to come over and clean my fridge? :)