Thursday, September 25, 2008

a very special gift (and girl)

Mike and I had a very nice 25th Anniversary. Julia was very excited about this anniversary. She asked me often if "I was excited about my anniversary?" She made this card for us! What a treasure we will always have.
Then I found out that Mike and Julia were in cahoots. They went shopping to the local jewelery store (while I was in Haiti) and purchased some "bling." Mike bought me a very beautiful diamond pendant (past, present and future) and diamond earrings. Julia helped him pick it out. Mike didn't want me to get him anything because he said he will be able to look at the jewelry on me. Julia kept asking me what I was going to buy Mike. She told me I "needed" too. She knew how special this gift was for me. (I didn't buy him anything because he said he would be "mad" if I did...I feel guilty now)

Another touching thing was she gave Mike and I each $5. She knows we are on a "budget" and knew that would make a thoughtful gift.

Thank you, Julia, for helping to make our day so special!

ps Not to be outdone by his little sister, Tim presented to Mike and I nearby items: a Scrabble game and a book that Mike hasn't finished reading. lol!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!! I love the card and the picture but I especially love that she gave you each $5.00 of her own money....that is very thoughtful!!

I am thinking Mike will spend his at Panera!!

Love ya

Hey Tim...you have a great role model in your dad....you better keep your eye on him for training!!

Karen Combes said...

Yep, Mike was excited about buying his iced tea at Panera!

Annie said...

Julia fits into your family so perfectly....she is a loving, thoughtful person - just like the rest of the Combes clan.

junglemama said...

Karen you have an amazing daughter! I was just watching our girls Russian video and I saw Julia..... she has come so far. I'm so happy for your family. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

That card was so sweet. It's hard to remember days without Julia. Seems like she's been part of your family forever. What a sweetheart. I laughed at Tim's gifts.

Hope you enjoyed your 25th. I am anxious to see your pendant and earrings.
Love, Mom