Monday, April 14, 2008

a lot to say....and nothing to say

Karla keeps reminding me that I haven't posted in awhile. While a lot has been going on, it seems like nothing is "blog-worthy."

Tomorrow is Kait's last "official" day of college. She still has a few final exams and other commitments. Her college graduation is on Saturday, April 26. I honestly cannot believe that she is so close. These last four years have gone very fast....and very slow at the same time. Does that make sense? Our family has gone through a lot since 2004 (the year she graduated from high school) and we are stronger for it. I am so proud of you, Kaitlyn!

Nick is doing very well at Michigan State! He is "Mr. Positive." Whenever I talk to him, it lifts my spirits! He always looks for the positive in the situation! He has really blossomed this year. I'm proud of you, too, Nick!

Mike has been busy at work. He's is at a Chamber of Commerce dinner tonight where the Healthplex is up for a business award. Tim is doing very well. He got a cell phone last week. He was happy about that. He has acting classes in two weeks. Julia started playing softball a couple weeks ago. She is enjoying it very much. She also is taking hip hop classes on Monday nights and continuing with her piano lessons. She is a busy girl, but still getting her homework complete. I'm doing fine, too. I'm still on my weight loss journey. I've lost 29 lbs and am feeling good. The Blind Squirrels started training again. They are a fun group of woman!

This past weekend was so cold and dreary here in Cincinnati! I think I was kinda depressed on Sunday. I am so ready for nice weather to be here and STAY here. It seems spring is so late on coming to stay.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long delay.
Blessings to you!
Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen!! Great post!

Good for Kait....she should be very proud of herself as we all are proud of her!

Love you and keep up the great weight loss!!

XXXOOO

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Wow! A post from both Karen and Karla this week. ;)

Godd to hear from you, Karen. Any decisions about that August Haiti trip? I am signed up as an adoptive parent just in case you decide you want to go. :)

Happy Spring!
Colleen

Karen Combes said...

Hi Colleen! What do I have to do to go on the August trip? I was hoping to go earlier, but it may not be possible! It would be great to go when you are there! Plus, I would really enjoy the medical mission week.