Sunday, May 25, 2008

My Weekend

I had a fun weekend of traveling this weekend. During the weekdays from Monday-Thurs (this past week was Mon-Wed) we have class, but on weekends we can travel anywhere we want. This weekend I went to Salburg, Austria and Munich, Germany.

A group of us left early Thursday morning and after switching trains in Andernach, Germany we arrived in Salzburg at about 4pm. We checked into our hostel and then walked around the city. The city is BEAUTIFUL and is where the film The Sound of Music was filmed. I was able to see a lot of the places where scenes were shot.

On Friday we went up to a fortress on top of the mountain that overlooks the city. It was a great view!! Some of the alps are around Salzburg so I was able to a see a few mountains with snow at the top. Amazing! We left for Munich at about 3pm and arrived 2 hours later. We went to our hostel first then went to the Hofbraehaus for dinner and a beer. I LOVE THE HOFBRAEUHAUS! Great german atmosphere with people in lederhosen and drndles (traditional german dress) and great music.

Saturday we saw the city and did a lot of touristy stuff. We spent some time in the English Gardens which is a beautiful park. Then we took the night train back and i JUST GOT HOME. It was a fun trip....exhausting at times. It is nice to be back in the peaceful city of Mayen.

I love and miss all of you!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick!

I miss you and I am so glad you posted about your trip. I hope you sleep good tonight.

We are having fun in Rochelle, but we all miss you! Emma's party was a lot of fun! I think she is going to Taylor!

I love you and hopefully will talk to you soon!

Love,
Mom

Annie said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful. Thanks for posting; I wish I could pop over for dinner!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time Nick!!

We sure missed you here this weekend at Em's party. Although, Tim sounds so much like you, sometimes it felt like you were here!!

Keep blogging and I sure hope to talk to you on Skype!!

Love you!

msufan56 said...

Nick,

Sprechen sie Duetsch? Nein, Ich learna Deutsch. Three years of German in HS and this is all I can remember. And HS was just a few years back for me.

Great to hear about your trip. Mom told me you got a "drama lesson" on the trip. Sounds like some are auditioning for a part in "Junior High School Musical."

I love you and you are constantly in my prayers buddy.

Love you,

Dad

junglemama said...

Sounds like your having a wonderful time!