Tuesday, October 7, 2008

what makes you smile?


photo credit Linda Tomala
This photo came up on my computer this morning and it made me smile. I thought I would share it!

I really don't have much else to report. Our weekend was spent watching Julia play soccer and then church on Sunday. Julia and I went on a long walk to the Farmer's Market. She used her own money and know what she bought???? Two tomatoes! The whole way home she kept kissing her tomatoes and expressing her love to them! She refuses to eat them. I hope she knows they will not last forever.

Tim auditioned for a commercial last week. He played the part of a "bad used car salesman." We haven't heard anything back so we assume he must not have gotten the part. It's been a fun "hobby" for him/us.

Julia had an appointment at Cincinnati Children's Hospital last Thursday. Routine visit which included an echo cardiogram and an office visit. She loves the attention she receives whenever we go for a doctor/hospital visit. The news is good in that there is no change. Her next visit won't be until next July, so that was another piece of good news. Dr. Hirsch is impressed that she is playing soccer.

Nick went to Univ. of Michigan to visit Kaitlyn last Sunday. Kaitlyn shared a "slice of life" at her church. This is a cool part of their church service. Each time someone gets up and shares what God is doing or has done in their life. Some of the stories that I've heard are amazing and I feel these people show bravery in sharing them. I know others can learn from them. Kaitlyn shared about her heart for Haiti and our "adopted" son Nicky. (Some day I will post about him.) Kait and Nick are coming home the weekend of the 18th and we are all looking forward to that visit. I miss my "big kids."

Well, I guess for thinking I didn't have much to say, I've said alot! Hope to get a photo up soon of our HUGE debris pile in the front yard. The city of Anderson picked it up today, free of charge. HURRAY!

Love to all!
Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I wanted to say that Nick wasn't adopted but then I remembered Nicky!! (Kait talked about him a little to me)

Great post and I love the photo too!!

Love you

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking about you guys. Sounds like a few tomato plants in a sunny spot of the yard next spring is a good idea for an enterprising young gardener.

Tim is learning the lessons of show biz.

I miss your big kids, your younger ones and their parents as well. Love to all of you,

Linda and Tom

Annie said...

I'm sure Kaitlyn was breathtaking.

What sort of church do you attend there?

junglemama said...

I love th epicture. It made me smile too! My girls don't play soccer excapt at school but ANna is bugging to do gymnastics.