Thursday, January 15, 2009

Metro or is it MetrA??

We had a great time while we were in Illinois. On Tuesday, December 30, 11 of us took the train to Chicago. This was special for a number of reasons, but one is that Julia had never been to Chicago. When I told her we were taking the "train" to Chicago, she asked if it would be a train with beds. ha! If you've traveled by train in Russia, you usually get a sleeper car. That was Julia's only experience on a train until this day. Here are Haley, Kylee, Kaylee, Julia and Kelsey on the train into the city. This is a picture is out of order... but this is "Baby Cakes" at Ed Debevic's restaurant.
This restaurant is a fun place to go if you don't mind getting insulted! ha! Nick had great fun with our waitress! (She called the kids brats, my mom "MEEMaw" and me "M'amm."
Looking the other direction...Emma, my mom, Nick and Karla.
This is my mom and her brother, my Uncle Edward.
He was passing through the train station and we got to spend about 20 min. with him.
Me and my Godfather, Uncle Edward.
(it was soo good to see you)
Nick, Haley, Kaylee, Emma, Kylee, Julia and Kelsey.
Hanging out by the train station.
Mom and Kelly on the free trolley. The day was cool and windy...typical Chicago weather.
Julia, Nick and I at Navy Pier. This was my favorite place at Navy Pier. Mike and Tim were not along because they had left for Cincinnati already. We missed you guys!
Grandma with her grandchildren.
The kids enjoyed two shows at Navy Pier. If you look close, you can see Kaylee in pink pants, Kylee in her blue coat and Julia two kids to the right of Kylee in a striped shirt. The entertainer was riding this small bike. He asked for a volunteer from the audience and.......


Julia volunteered! She was a hit!
On the way back to the Metra station, Kaylee, Julia and Kylee got to sit up front by the driver. They loved that and had such a good time. They had a great view of the city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this post.. We had a great day and the METRAAAAA was fun too!! ha ha I wish it was that warm here today!!

Anonymous said...

That day was so much fun. We made great memories. We should make that an annual event. Thanks for posting those pictures and making me smile!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kelly.....that was so much fun and Chicago is so close!! I need some Karen laughs today!!

Karen Combes said...

Karen laughs???!!

Hmmm....sorry, can't think of anything funny right now.