Tuesday, January 27, 2009

winter fun

Mike took Tim and Julia to Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati on Saturday morning to go ice skating. I'm not sure if Julia "fell" or is just posing for this picture!
She does have some bruises on her knees.
What an awesome daddy he is! They had a blast!
T&J
Today Cincinnati is being hit with snow and the kids were happy to have a SNOW day! Tim, Julia and I shovelled the driveway (only the second time I've shovelled snow since we moved to Cincinnati). Then Tim and Julia wanted to go sledding. The walked to a nearby hill and were gone for over two hours! Here is the before picture.
Julia's after picture.
They were exhausted....
...but they had a great time.
Before they left I had them make a "deal" with each other that when the first person was ready to come home, they would agree! To be honest, I was expecting tattling when they arrived home. "Tim threw snow on me" or "Julia was being a brat." Well, when asked if they had any arguments, they said "NO!" And the best news....they will probably have a snow day again tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen: Thanks for the great post and pictures. It was so fun skating that we are going back again this Saturday!!

Cincinnati is such a wimpy town with snow. There was 3-4" of snow today and the local news was on all day like there was a terroist attack on the city. And yesterday, Karen was grocery shopping on her normal shopping day, but Krogers was packed with people "stocking up" due to the snow. The news reported that many local Kroger's had run out of certain foods due to the "run" on the stores.

It's kind of fun to watch the panic.

Mike

Anonymous said...

And we're expecting another 4 - 6 inches on top of our foot of snow already on the ground. It's been a winter wonderland here, and I have to say, it feels like the old days in Michigan when we had real winters. I love it. I just hope I'm saying that in another month.

Wish I could have skated with Tim, Julia and Mike the other day. We did cross-country ski up North in 5 degrees and it was spectacular. The key to winter is embracing it! (I can hear Grandma Mary now!)

I know the joy of snow days and wish you all great fun!

Love,

Linda

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys got to join in the winter wonderland like us Illinois and Michigan folks. Now, take your 1 or 2 storms X 15-20 and you have our weather!!! ha ha

Love you

Annie said...

This is quite a year, isn't it, weather wise?

I heard a lot of Cincinnati was without power - I hope what wasn't you!

Karen Combes said...

No we have power....just our 4th snow day this week!

Anonymous said...

Like I said, what a wimpy town. One snow day for every inch of snow. Four inches of snow and they cancel four days of school.