Tuesday, March 18, 2008

quick update

OK, OK, Karla! Here is your post already!!! ;-)

Seriously, things have been relatively quiet around the Combes house. Praise God! When I was going through my cancer treatments and the big move, a neighbor/friend in Michigan who had gone through quite a lot (losing a full term infant, husband in bike accident) she said her family has a motto...."boring is good." I agree with that sentiment.

Our church has been on a journey talking about being consumed with everything but God. It has been a very good series. Tonight is my last ladies bible study. We are having a meal together. Tomorrow night, Mike's men's group is coming to our house for a cookout for their last meeting.

I am really looking forward to next week, or rather, this Sunday. Mom, Karla, Kaylee, Kylee, Kelly, Haley and Kelsey will be coming for a visit. My mom has never been to Cincinnati. We will have fun showing her around. Tim and Julia are very excited about the visit.

Through the consumed journey, I have realized how consumed I am with going on the computer and especially looking at blogs! My nature has always been "people" oriented. I am interested in what people do and just reading about them. Newspapers can be boring unless it is a human interest story. I think that is why I like blogs so much. BUT, and a big BUT, I do waste quite a bit of time with this activity. It is "weird" how you get friends in the "blog land." It is how I feel about the people when I read their blogs. Some I've met and others I haven't met. I learn about their struggles with life. Some are fellow adopting parents and I try to be an encouragement to them. But, I need a balance.

Speaking of balance, I do need to finish cleaning and get off the computer!
Karen

3 comments:

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Thanks for the update, Karen! I know all too well about the wasted time blogging. I have decided it is quite theraputic to be able to connect with our virtual friends. Convincing myself of this keeps me from counting the hours of time I sit by the pc when I could be doing something a bit more useful...

Oh, and tell Karla, ya know the one who was waiting for your update, that the rest of us are waiting for HER updated post...

Have a great visit with everyone! How fun!!!

Hugs!
Colleen

Annie said...

And now you know why I gave up blogging for my Lenten Fridays! We are SO alike in this.

Anonymous said...

Karen:

Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see you all in a few days!! The girls are so excited too!

Love you