Thursday, August 7, 2008

Back to Haiti

On Saturday, I will be leaving for Haiti. This is a special trip for me on so many levels. First, I will get to be with Kaitlyn. She has been in Haiti since mid-May. This is the longest I have ever gone without seeing my daughter. I miss her very much. Second, I will be in a country that I love. I feel so "comfortable" there. The people are full of joy although they have so little. I can't wait to see the children at Three Angels. To hear their laughter and see their rambunctious spirits.
I will also be traveling with a friend who has also fallen in love with Haiti. Her family has been very supportive of Kaitlyn and her desire to serve in Haiti. They are also adopting two adorable boys.
This photo was from the mountains in Haiti where there is greenery and trees. I find this so beautiful.
Kaitlyn has met many families and has loved getting closer to the children.

Kaitlyn, I am so proud of you and your desire to follow God's calling on your life.
You have sacrificed your summer to be with the children.
I love you and will see you very soon.

5 comments:

CIMT BLOG said...

Have fun in Haiti! What a wonderful place!

kaitlyn said...

I can't wait for you to join me down here! Our week here together in October was so special and I know this coming week will be, too. We'll have lots of fun staying at the orphanage, too. The kids and the staff are excited to see Mama Kaitlyn:)

msufan56 said...

Karen,

Great post and pictures. I will be praying for a wonderful trip, safety and protection. I thank God for you love of Haiti and their children.

Love,

Mike

Anonymous said...

What awesome pictures. I keep thinking about you as you prepare for your trip. Have a great time Mama Kaitlyn! :-)
Kelly

Annie said...

Oh, Karen - Have a wonderful time. It looks beautiful!