Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Haiti Update

Karen called me tonight and let me know she is doing well in Haiti. This was the first time we have heard from her so we were starting to get a little worried (although Karla had told me that the lack of communication is not unusual for Haiti). Karen says the internet has been very spotty and is only up for 5 minute periods at a time.

She says things are going very well. She is enjoying her time with Kaitlyn and the group. We got cut off on our phone call so I don't know a whole lot more. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything more.

Please keep Karen and Kaitlyn in your prayers. That would be very much appreciated.

Julia, Tim and I are doing fine and we can hardly wait until Karen and Kaitlyn get home on Saturday!!! Nick left on Saturday for MSU so we are in Nick withdrawals around here.

Love to all,

Mike

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,
I get to beat Karla to comment! HA!! So glad to hear that Karen called you and that they are doing well. I can't quit thinking about them. Glad to hear you guys are getting along well at home, too. Will Michael be making a trip to Ohio this weekend? I bet they cannot wait to see each other. We just got done looking at pictures from Kaitlyn's graduation! Brings back good memories!
Take care,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

hello from haiti
we have internet for now, it is great being with kaitlyn. she can't wait to come home. michael will not be coming to ohio as far as kaitlyn knows. i love being in haiti. i love being a part of the medical mission. i've been working the prayer station and also taking vital signs before they see the drs. it's a great time. everyone is very nice and it's been going awesome. two more days of the medical clinic.

love to all
karen

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you Mike and Karen too!! Glad you are having a great time Karen. I cannot stop thinking about you guys. Today Rod, Dad and I went to the fair, and in the ethnic section, I could smell Haiti....isn't it strange how Haiti has specific smells....it took me right to Haiti today!!

Love you all