Friday, November 23, 2007

florida and football...and thanksgiving

It is so weird to celebrate Thanksgiving in a warm climate if you are from the Midwest, where it usually is cold and has snowed already. We celebrated Thanksgiving out on Uncle John's new 32 foot sail boat out on the Inter coastal Waterway. It was such a good time. John and Nancy had our family and Grandma Mary out on the boat. We sailed from Daytona Beach to New Smyrna Beach. It was suppose to take 3 hours but we got stuck on a sand bar for over an hour due to low tide. The weather was around 70, but cloudy and we got rained on, but we made a great fantastic memory. We later drove back to Daytona where we had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with the rest of the football team families.

The other weird part is all the Christmas decorations around. I'm used to freezing by this time. I guess the freezing helps me get in the mood. Speaking of getting in the mood, I am one of those crazy Day After Thanksgiving Shoppers. I miss that this year. I love the sport of getting that one item on sale at such a discounted price. I always have such a good time with my Mom, Karla, Kelly, Kaitlyn, Emma, and Haley on this day. We start early and then go out for lunch to discuss our purchases and see if there is anywhere else we want to go. I miss them this year.

Tim is feeling better and will be playing in the game this morning. The first game is at 10:40. We are thankful for the prayers for him. He has been able to have a good time down here!

Well, the family is waking up and I need to go! God's Blessings to you all on this Thanksgiving Weekend!
Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Tim is feeling better! GO TIM'S TEAM!!! (I can't remember their name)

We arrived at Walmart at about 5:10 am and got what we wanted there!! I will call you later and tell you about it!!

Shortly Mom, Kelly and I will be headed to the mall. SINCE our babysitter is in Florida, Haley and Kelsey are staying home with Kaylee and Kylee. Emma has to work. Papa Jim should arrive in a few hours, so all will be good!!

We miss you so much and I am SURE, that we won't laugh as much today!!!

Love and miss you
Karla

Karen Combes said...

Can't wait to hear about walmart. Glad you are having fun! I miss you guys, too! Tell Dad Hi for me!!!

K

ps sorry i won't be supplying any laughs today!

Anonymous said...

Tom and I just got back from a walk and my hands are freezing! So enjoy that Florida weather! Congratulations on your football victory, Tim, and good luck tomorrow. (Kaitlyn and Nick filled us in on the results.)

I love that you guys consider things like being stuck on a sandbar making memories. Perfection is overrated!

I'm already in that holiday spirit. It easier when you look out the window during Thanksgiving dinner and see two inches of snow! Hope we can see you during the season. Have fun in the sun!

Love,

Linda

Annie said...

I lived in California one year and thought that those poinsettias BLOOMING in front of the church were really like a bad joke! It SHOULD be cold for Christmas.