Wednesday, November 14, 2007

tagged by Annie

My friend, Annie, has a blog. She tagged all who read it to answer the following questions. They are fun questions. Annie is WHY and HOW we found out about Russian adoption and specifically how we found our Julia! Your job, if you are an adoptive parent and have a blog of your own, is to answer on it.

What are the first three things you bought for you new child?
It's been a couple years, so I will have to think.

1. A pink Donley Dolphin sweatshirt. That was Julia's school in East Lansing.

2. A small backpack filled with all the goodies a girl could want...lip gloss, crayons, a doll, paper, coloring book, brush, hair stuff, etc.

3. A Russian Bible.

Who laid the first big kiss smack dab on the face of your new child?
I did!!!! I could hardly wait to hug and kiss her. She was afraid of Papa at first. She still is reluctant to hug and I don't think she's ever kissed him. She does love him dearly, although she still won't say "I love you" to anyone in our family.

What was one of the first phrases you learned in your child's native language?
Ya tiber lublu which means "I love you."

What was your favorite food in country?
I liked the porridge that we would eat in the morning. The yogurt was also good. It wasn't low fat so it was very tasty.

What was your least favorite food?
I can't remember. I do know that the "sausage" at the Hotel Ukraine was more like our hot dogs. I think I liked everything I tried.

What part of the adoption process has been the most sentimental to you apart from meeting your child?
After court and knowing Julia was really our daughter. We brought her clothes to the orphanage for her to change into. She was so excited to put them on. She just grinned from ear to ear and ran back upstairs to show all her friends her new clothes. I was overwhelmed with love and joy for her!


4 comments:

kaitlyn said...

Great Julia quote: "Timmy, you not give it to me nothin' air pork!"

(She said this last summer, when she was mad at Timmy for not bringing her a present when she first arrived at the airport)

Karen Combes said...

That always makes me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing it, Kait!

Annie said...

I am so moved by everyone's "most touching moments"; they bring back my own!

I remember Zhen was so pleased by his new clothes - but he is so modest that he refused to strip down and put on the new underclothes. So they let him wear those, and I still have them; they are so precious to me. These little gray homemade boxers.

junglemama said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for playing. Everyone who answer's I will put a link on my blog. Hope that is okay, as it will bring you more traffic.

My Ukraine blog is at http://theukrainetrain.blogspot.com/

Thanks for sharing about your daughter. Even though she hasn't brought herself to saying it yet, I am sure she feels it.