Wednesday, November 14, 2007

florida for thanksgiving


On Saturday, Mike, Tim, Julia and I will be driving to Florida to celebrate Thanksgiving with Gramma Mary. We are planning to leave around 4am. It will take us about 14 hours to drive down there. We will be spending three nights with Gramma Mary in New Smyrna Beach. We are looking forward to that very much. On Tuesday, which is Tim's 12th birthday, we will be driving to Daytona Beach. We will meet up with Tim's football team around 4pm and check into our rooms. We are staying at a Hilton right on the ocean! Kait and Nick are flying in on Wednesday afternoon. We will drive to Orlando and pick them up. Kait and Nick will be staying with Gramma. They are so happy about spending time with her. We will be celebrating Tim's birthday on Wednesday night with Gramma, Kait and Nick. I think he said he wanted to go to Norwoods! Good time!
Things are going well down here. We are making connections and that is good. Still need to find a dentist and eye doctor. There are so many details in life that you take for granted until you do a long distance move. In East Lansing, we were so well connected. I knew who to call for house repairs; great schools and principal; so close to major shopping; nice variety of restaurants nearby; long term relationships with dentist, pediatrician, eye doctor, family doctor; who to cut my hair now that I have it again, etc. Here, I have had to start all over. Sometimes it's been frustrating just not knowing WHO to call. It all takes time and sometimes errors are made, like finding a trusted auto mechanic and all the money we put into Reege (the kid's car). I have found someone to cut my hair that I like alot. We have found a trusted place to get our cars repaired. I have found an Oncologist that I like. I found a Pediatrician's for Tim and Julia. We found a Cardiologist who is an expert in Julia's condition. God has taken care of even the smallest of details.....I worried so much before I moved and he has gone before me and prepared the way. God is like that. Yay God!
Karen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be on another Combes road trip with the music, 20 questions, pit stops and all. Have a safe, fun trip.

Glad all is working out in Cincinnati...God's confirmation perhaps!

It looks like Tom and I will see Nick and Kaitlyn on Tuesday night and we are looking forward to that! We are thankful any time we get with the Combes clan.

Love you all. Happy Turkey Day! Hug Mom (aka Gramma Mary) for me.

Linda

Karen Combes said...

Linda: I was remembering how fun our Christmas Road Trip to NSB was in 1995. I think we need to repeat that sometime!!! Thanks for hosting Kait and Nick!

Love you!
Karen
ps will hug gramma mary for you ;-)

Anonymous said...

Whaaaaaa....boooo hoooooo

From the Illinois whiners

Anonymous said...

I think what the whiners meant to say was....have a great trip and give Gramma Mary a hug from us!!

Linda....I remember DRIVING home from Florida with the Combes crew when Nick was about 2 and Kait 4 and I swore I would NEVER do that again!!! And I haven't!!! But it may have had something to do with Nick not being potty trained and using our make shift bed into a potty!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL the Combes family!!

Hugs

Karen Combes said...

WHO is that Illinois Whiner???

Karla: Was the trip THAT bad??? ha! I honestly don't remember the part about Nick using our bed as a potty chair???

I am sad we will not see any of our Illinois relatives this Thanksgiving, too. I will miss all of you!

Karen

kaitlyn said...

I love our road trips! But I have to say I'm excited Nick and I get to fly. Mostly because he will probably fall down in the terminal and it will be hilarious.

Next week will be so fun!! Woohoo reunion in Florida. I can't wait to celebrate 12 years of Timmy. Remember last time he told us we should eat at Norwoods, but we wanted to go somewhere else, then we all realized we should have listened to Tim?

Mom, it's been so cool to see God come through for our family in Cincinnati. I'm glad you are so happy there and feeling connected:)

Anonymous said...

The road trip was not THAT bad and now I feel bad that I even said that!! Please forgive me.....Nick may not like that.

Karen Combes said...

Make sure you video Nick's fall in the airport. I can hardly wait to see it. Emma's fall in Ft. Lauderdale is hilarious!

(I can't even believe I'm supporting this immature behavior)