Saturday, December 15, 2007

Nick's Home!!!

Nick made it home at 3am this morning. Our forecast was for snow today and it was going to be worse in mid-Ohio. I knew if he left last night he would beat the snow. He left around 9:30pm with a Starbucks coffee in his hand! We are so thankful to have him home for Christmas!!! I smell the coffee brewing right now. I'm not a coffee drinker so we only smell coffee in our house when Kait and Nick are home! Kait will be coming home tomorrow, unless there is snow in the forecast! Kait, we can't wait until you are home with us!!!

It is now feeling more like Christmas!!
Karen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that he listened to mom and came home last night!!

Are you still supposed to get a lot of snow?

Hugs
karla

Karen Combes said...

Hard to tell. It's snowing pretty hard now, but it will change over to freezing rain then all rain by dinner; then snow overnight. (don't I sound like the weatherman?)
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick:

I am still waiting to hear the Jennifer Hudson story!! I am so glad that you made it home!

Looking forward to seeing crazy you!

Hugs

Kersten3 said...

I bet it is great to have Nick home! Glad you made it safely, Nick! So no 72 degree weather today?? HA!! Tim, you did an excellent job on the family letter this year!! It made my cry when you talked about your mom. That was one awesome letter!! :-) Can't wait to see you guys! We are off to watch Kaylee and Kylee's recital this afternoon! Should be fun!
Have a great day!
Kelly

msufan56 said...

It is so great to have Nick home. We (Nick, Tim, Julia and I) went shopping today for Karen. Nick makes everything so much fun. We laughed the entire time - and we caused a scene at Panera, but that's our family. We all got some neat gifts for Karen. Hopefully, we can keep her presents a surprise. For those who don't know, Karen has a problem with "snooping" and working the kids for information to find out what her presents are. She really needs to enter some 12 step rehab program for this problem.

Karen Combes said...

That is entirely NOT true!!!

I can't help that when the kids "slip" and say something, that I'm so smart I can figure things out. I NEVER probe them as he insinuated!

Kersten3 said...

to nick!

Okay Nick we will go to starucks but you can be the one to fall down!
Love you!
im out of school on friday the 21st

TTYL
HALEY

karen i love you too and cant wiat to see you!