Monday, January 21, 2008

Funny Tim......I Think?

This is Mike. As many of you know, Tim is the resident comedian in our house. If you read our Christmas card, you know what I mean. He keeps us laughing with his jokes and his wit and wisdom.

This weekend we were having a talk and he said that he wants to be someone that is memorable - sombody that people would remember 20 years after he was gone. I asked him if he thought he would remember me years after I was dead. Tim replied, "Of course Dad. You cannot escape scarring like that."

Have a blessed week and I'll try not to further scar my children this week.

Mike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And he is so quick with his comebacks!! I love to listen to he and Rod go at it!!

Karla

Karen Combes said...

That, Tim! Gotta love him.

He touched me this weekend, too. He asked me when I would be having reconstructive surgery. I replied that I didn't have it scheduled yet. He said "For us, we forget that you had cancer, but everytime you look in the mirror, you remember." I just found that so wise and intuitive. He's only a 12 year old boy, but he is so sensitive.
Love,
Karen
ps Mike, please don't "scar" our children any longer! ;-)

Anonymous said...

He sure IS a wise, caring young man. Seems like he takes a lot in and you just don't realize it until he says something like that.

You have 4 great kids!!

Love you
Karla

I will blog sometime soon on ours, but maybe not now...its about nap time :-)

Nick said...

Timmy is hilarious! Although he is my YOUNGER brother, I have definitely learned a lot from his wise statements. He is fun to be around, and has a great outlook on life.

Anonymous said...

Nick:

He is following in HIS brothers footsteps!! YOU are wise AND funny too!!

Love you
Karla