Friday, January 18, 2008

We Won the Wicked Lottery

This is Mike/Dad posting. The second time is a charm!! Tim and I went downtown today for the second time to get in the Wicked lottery. There were more people this time then last week (well over 100 people for just 20 tickets). But we won!! Tim's name was drawn. Karen and Tim are now at the show. Karen has been wanting to go to Wicked ever since it came out, which I think was about five years ago. She was so excited to be going.

Julia and I went to one of our favorite restaurants, ABG (Anderson Bar and Grill). It's the perfect place for us. It has games for Julia and big screen TV's for me. I give Julia a fist full of quarters and she goes and plays games while I catch up on the latest games. Great parenting at it's best!! If the game goes into overtime, just issue another fist full of quarters and you are all set.

We came home and sat in my big blue chair together and watched TV until Julia's bed time. This time in the chair with Julia is one of my favorite things to do. As many of you know, Julia has been slow to warm to men. She has never shown me much affection. This is tough for a Daddy that loves his little girl so much. But lately, she has been wanting to sit next to me in the chair and snuggle. Tonight we came home and she said, "Dad, can we sit together in the chair and watch Spongebob together?" Of course my reply was, "Yes".

Well I can hardly wait for Karen and Tim to come home and give me a review of Wicked. Julia is fast asleep.

I hope all of you have a GREAT weekend.

Blessings,

Mike/Dad

5 comments:

Karen Combes said...

Thank you, Mike, for sending me and Tim to Wicked. It was so good and I am so glad that I got to see it. Now we will have to "win" the lottery again so you and I can go!

Love you!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Mike and Karen:

Sounds like you both had a good night! That is awesome that Julia wanted to snuggle with Daddy. You are such a good dad!

Karen....we want to hear more about Wicked!!

Love you
Karla

Annie said...

What a dear image....I love to think that Julia will come to appreciate what a wonderful Daddy she has...

msufan56 said...

Annie,

Thanks for the nice comment. Hope all is well with you.

MIke

Nick said...

Julia is an awesome little sister. Although she hated me at first, she is definitely warming up to me. She gave me many hugs over break (whether she realizes that or not.. ha). Hopefully I can come home soon! Maybe February!