Tuesday, February 12, 2008

snow day

Tim, Julia and I are happy to have a snow day. We really don't have much snow, but lots of ice.

Our weekend was a lot of fun with Uncle John, Lindsey and her boyfriend, Mike. The Miami University basketball game was fun. I like going to college basketball games. I told Tim and Julia that this would be a good place for them to go to college. Not that "yucky" university up the road that has the word "THE" in front of its name. ;-)

I'll try to post some pictures later today. I haven't taken any in awhile, but today might be a good day to do that.
Love to all!
Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your snow day!! Or ice day....

Love you

msufan56 said...

Shouldn't there be a national law that you cannot call a snow day if the snow is so light that you can still see the grass?

You wouldn't believe how funny it is around here. The news has been going nuts for the past two days about a possible 3-5 inches of snow. Karen said the Kroger was packed on Monday with people stocking up for the "snow emergency".

I asked people how the roads were and they said "horrible, there is slush in many places on the road". Slush? In Michigan and Illinois, slush is not even a factor.

I'm having fun with the chaos that has befallen the city due to a half inch of snow.

Mike

Karen Combes said...

I agree with you. The roads are fine right now! It is raining at the present time.

This city is hilarious! There was a level 2 snow emergency called in our county, which meant that they didn't want you on the roads unless it was an emergency. hmm... is "working out" an emergency? I think it was!

So, do you think we will have another snow day tomorrow??

Anonymous said...

Ha ha....they probably don't like all the seasoned drivers from other states, as there is no way that you will stay off the roads!

I think working out is an emergency!