Wednesday, February 27, 2008

NSB and BHM

I had a great weekend in New Smyrna Beach. The weather was so nice and the beach was magnificent. Grandma Mary and I always have a great time together. On Friday, Mike's brother, John, took us sailing. We got to sail on the Atlantic Ocean. It was just his second time taking his boat on the ocean. The weather was cloudy, but warm. I sat on the front of the boat and just took in God's creation and felt blessed for this experience.
On Saturday night, Mary hosted a "Porch Party." She invited four couples that she's gotten to know and that I see every winter when I visit. It was a very nice time on her screened in porch. It rained Saturday until about 1:30, then it turned sunny. I spent 2.5 hours on the beach. On Sunday morning, we got up and went to church at 8am. She goes to an Episcopal Church . It reminds me of my Catholic upbringing on some levels. It feels very comfortable. I also really like Father Jim. He always speaks to my heart and I walk away with a great lesson. We spent all afternoon Sunday and Monday on the beach. I left NSB at 5:30pm on Monday. I also got in a couple walks on the beach.
Mike and Kaitlyn are off tonight to a Black History Month event. It is a dressy occasion. I told Kait that she looks like one of the Academy Awards Presenters (Keri Russell). The rest of us could have gone, but Tim's been sick and it would be such a late night for Julia... and I'm tired from travelling last weekend. It actually feels good to be home. I'm such a homebody. I love to travel, but I love being HOME.
It's been so nice having Kaitlyn home. Just wish the week wasn't going so fast. Nick comes Friday with Michael. We will have a fun weekend. Nick will be home all next week. Kait and Michael will leave on Sunday after church. I know....I need to focus on enjoying my time with Kait while she is home.
Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty awesome that Mike gets his beautiful daughter to go with him tonight! Have fun!

NSB looked like so much fun. Mary looks great!! Good for her that she lives somewhere warm and not somewhere where we are expecting yet ANOTHER snow tomorrow!

Love you all!

msufan56 said...

Karen,

Great pictures of Florida. It looks like you had a great time. Sorry I hung up on you.

Love,

Mike