Friday, October 26, 2007

doctor appointment

Just had another appointment with my Oncologist, Dr. Ruehlman. I have been having pain in my left hip for a couple weeks. I think it's just arthritis, but he wanted to do an x-ray. Sitting on kid sized chairs last week and sleeping on a foam mattress seemed to make it hurt worse by the end of the week.

I have been thinking a lot about the word HOPE! There is so much we HOPE for in life and we are nothing without HOPE. I HOPE that cancer doesn't return; the children at Three Angels in Haiti HOPE for a forever family; Kait and Nick have HOPE that God will bless them with their future spouses; Mike HOPES his job will slow down and he can not work as many hours; Tim has HOPE that the Simpson's Show will never end; Julia has a HOPE of going back to Russia one day and seeing her biological mom. Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."

Karen

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HOPE all the above for you guys too.

When will you hear back? Let us know!

Praying!
Karla

Karen Combes said...

I should know the results by early next week. He wants me to call in 2-3 weeks to let him know if i'm still having pain. He may order an additional test if I am. He calls me "high risk" which is not what you want to hear with cancer.

karen

Anonymous said...

Did he give you anything or do you just wait until you see what he finds out? What kind of test did he do? Your bone scan was fine recently, so lets "HOPE" this is ok too.

Love ya
Karla

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Glad you went to the doctor and glad he's on it! Take very good care of yourself. The prayers are flowing here!

Love,

Linda and Tom

It's Gonna Be Me said...

You are in our prayers, Karen! Doctors sometimes over-analyze ~ it's their job! Try not to worry!
Love,
Colleen

kaitlyn said...

I love what God's been showing you about hope. It's beautiful that because of Jesus, we have such wonderful hope in a broken world. Hopes for this life, and ultimate hope in eternity. Sooo cool, thank you for sharing that!
Love,
Kait

msufan56 said...

Karen,

Thanks for the wise and hopeful post. I love you so much.

Love,

Mike

Annie said...

When did you get back? I know that I had pain in MY hip for weeks after sitting and sleeping in the plane home from Russia... I'm only getting better now.

I am so pleased to see you have a blog! And can't wait to catch up on all of it. God bless you! Annie