Friday, October 12, 2007

The Missionaries are On Their Way

Karen left this morning for Haiti. I drove her to the airport at 4:45am. She is very excited. Karen called around 10:30am and has landed and her and Kaitlyn are off spending the day in Miami Beach before they head to Haiti tomorrow. (I keep telling Karen to make sure she catches the flight to Haiti - no fair spending her mission on the beach of Miami all week.)

I'm very proud of Kaitlyn and Karen for doing this. They both have such love, care, concern and passion for orphans. I can think of no better way to carry out God's work then to care for orphans.

I had a fun morning with Tim and Julia. They are doing well. They are looking so forward to Aunt Linda and Uncle Tom being here for the week. I am so thankful to have them. I would not have been able to effectively juggle work and taking care of the kids. I'm so blessed that Tom and Linda are coming to help.

Well, I need to get back to work. I'm at my favorite place - Panara. It's my daily "oasis" from work.

Love,

Dad (Mike)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike:

Thanks for the update!! Karen just texted me a picture of Kait. I better call her today, while I still can!!!

You are so blessed to have a great sister like you do!!

Karla