Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Quick post from down south

I wanted to let you know that Kait was running a temp and vomited twice in the night. She is still sleeping. We are thinking it is something she ate. No one else is sick, but her stomach is sensitive. Please say an extra prayer that she feels better today. She loves being at the orphanage with those kids and they love her, too!

Well, I can hear the rooster saying "cockadoodledoo." That starts at 4am. Luckily the fans in our room are so loud that you can only hear them when the generator shuts off and the fans are not working. ha! The weather is hot, but not as hot as I remember. Yes, I sweat but it seems like you can always find shade or a breeze to get cooler. I am loving the "Haiti Showers"....meaning COLD! It really does feel good. Oh, and one more thing.,..we ate GOAT for dinner last night Apparently it is a delicacy in Haiti and the "owner" of the Methodist MIssion HOuse got back last night and it is her favorite. (Kait did not eat dinner last night.. a few people were worried that the goat made her sick.)

Julia, I pray that you don't have that BAD dream again. I miss you so much and I can hardly wait to see you on Saturday. I love you!!!!! Tim....I miss you too. I hope you are having a great week. I love you! Mike...thanks for the great comment. I miss you and I love you. Linda, thanks for being "mom" for the week. It means so much to me and I don't worry at all!!! Tom, thanks for being the supporter of all this! Nick??? I love you, too. Where is your post? I love all you guys!!!

Love, Karen
ps who know the next time I will be on the computer. I'm using Gail's laptop and she is not here. But, I will try to post tonight to let you know about Kait!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that she is sick Karen. Big time prayers going out for her. Please keep us posted if you can.

Love you,
Karla

Anonymous said...

Poor Kait! I feel so bad for her. Haley, Kelsey and I will keep her in our prayers! Keep us posted!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Karen and Kait:

I am sure you or someone there have thought of this, but has she taken any Cipro?? That seems to help with tummy issues.

Hugs
Karla

msufan56 said...

Karen and Kaitlyn,

I hope and pray Kaitlyn is feeling better. When I got the news her stomach was not feeling well in your post yesterday, I decided to fast and pray for the two of you today. I was praying hard for Kaitlyn's recovery. I hope she is feeling better.

Julia slept fine last night and woke up and said she had a good dream. She dreamed it was April 22 and she went to bed and when she woke up, Mommy said, "Julia, you are 10 years old today." She really liked that dream.

Tim is doing great. He loves playing Linda's keyboard. He sure is musical.

Tom and Linda are doing great. They went on a 30 mile bike ride to Paxton's grill today. They are taking great care of the kids and her and Julia play games all the time.

Well, we'll continue to pray for both of you and specifically for Kaitlyn to feel better. May God be with both of you may his healing power restore Kaitlyn to good health.

Love, hugs and kisses,

Mike

It's Gonna Be Me said...

I am so sorry Kaitlyn is not feeling well! I hope she recovers quickly so she can enjoy the rest of your trip! I am praying hard!

Love,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Karen and Kaitlyn,

Love to both of you, healing to Kaitlyn. The kids are doing fine, but they sure miss their mom. They both are taking care of homework and each other. The other day I waited in the driveway for them to come home and saw them walking side to side with Tim's arm around Julia, her looking up at him. It was a beautiful picture.

God bless your last couple of days in Haiti and those beautiful children.

Love,

Linda