Saturday, September 15, 2007

Jonathan's Birthday!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Jonathan!

"You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever"
Psalm 30:11-12

This verse came to my mind today as I thought about Jonathan's life. God really is turning his wailing into dancing. In August, I saw a glimpse of this. When we first arrived, he seemed so sad and discontent all the time, not smiling or playing at all. By the third day, he seemed so much more joyful and content, so I took this video to capture it:



Now that the Monfils have decided to adopt Jonathan, it's clear to see God has huge plans for redemption in Jonathan's life. This little boy was sick from malnutrition, discontent, sad, and living without the love and care he needs. And now, he belongs to a family who will shower him with love, provide for all his needs, teach him to know the Lord, and bring JOY to his life. I'm also so excited that he will have older siblings!

---Kait---


PS - Mom and Dad, we need an update from Cincinnati, Nick we need an update from EL!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww....does that bring back memories!!

Great video Kait. Colleen loved it!!

Hugs
Karla

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Hi Kaitlyn!

I just love the video clip ~ Karla shared your blog address with me. It sure makes everything so real from so far away. I cannot wait to go down to Haiti and meet Jonathan. Enjoy your trip as well and hug our baby boy for us!

Many blessings to you!
Colleen

msufan56 said...

Kaitlyn,

Wow - what a great video. I've already fallen in love with Jonathan. I'm so grateful for the Monfils. I praise God Almighty that this little boy will have a loving family.

Kaitlyn, I love the picture of you at the end of the clip. You look radiant, content and beautiful. It struck me that you were "doing God's will" when you shot this video."

Great verse too.

I love you and I am so proud of you.

Love,

Dad

CG said...

Oh, Kaitlin! Thank you for taking this! It's the first time I've seen our little Joslin in action. He's the one acting crazy :) And your dad is right about your look at the end of this video. Pure joy!!

kaitlyn said...

I didn't know Joslin had a family! That's so exciting! I know it's him now.. I just didn't know his name yet when I took the video:) He is such a sweet and cute little boy. As you can see in the video, he was wearing my flip flops all around that day. When do you get to go and meet him?

CG said...

I wish I knew... As soon as possible!

:)

CG said...

and we are adopting Peterson as well. Hooray!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

Hi Kaitlyn!

I know you would LOVE to know... ALL the children at Three Angels are spoken for as of a few days ago! God is so good! Angela has the exciting news posted on her blog!

http://angelainhaiti.blogspot.com/

I am packing up the box of orphanage goodies today to send with your mom this weekend. I am so glad you are able to take them down early!

Blessings!
Colleen