Saturday, September 15, 2007

Update from East Lansing

East Lansing is excellent! I love being back "home." However, I do miss Cincinnati and totally feel like that is where my family needs to be. I am really looking forward to going back there in a couple weeks and seeing everyone. My classes are going well...I think I will do well in them. My teaching class is a little challenging, and deals with a lot of "deep" issues that require a lot of analyzing. My German class is great. It is laid back and hasn't been too much work. I am in a social science class that is all about Geography, which is actually pretty interesting. We are learning about population and migration right now. My other class is called Europe and the World which is pretty fascinating. We just read the book Pocahontas, which was surprisingly good. Campus Crusade is going well too. I really like my bible study. The girls and guys studies do a lot together which is fun. I don't think I will do Outreach Team this year. That is a group that meets biweekly and plans outreach events. I have too much going on this year and don't really feel called to do it again. Mount Hope Church is great. Pastor Dave did a sermon last week on learning to be a champion and not being a victim. One of the things he said was that if you fall/make a mistake, shake it off and step to the next level. He also talked about how we can't control our circumstances, but we can control our response. Sometimes we get so caught up in how we wish we didn't have to do this or didn't have this in our lives, but we can't control that. We only have control over our response.

Being a Resident Mentor has been fun. It is really a blessing. When it gets stressful I can either a.) wish it wasn't stressful or b.)accept it and do the best I can. I choose b. But lately, it has not been too stressful and has been great.

Also, I reccomend the new Hillsong album called Saviour King. It is pretty amazing and the songs are really great and speak to the heart of God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick:

You are an amazing young man! I love your thoughts on our response to things.......how true.

I am so proud of my nieces and nephews :-)

Love you Nick,
Karla

kaitlyn said...

hi nick! thanks for the update! it's good to hear about your life. I'm SO excited to go home together in 2 weeks. that will be a good journey. we should listen to crank that soulja boy on the way, ok?
love you:)
--kaitlyn

msufan56 said...

Nick,

Thanks for the update. I love hearing about your classes, Campus Crusade, bible study and Mount Hope Church. I really like Pastor Dave. I hope he is preaching when we come for the msu/michigan game in november.

I love you and I am so proud of you.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Nick,

I'm missing you and will give you a call this week. Glad to hear the year is off to a good start.

Love,

Linda