Thursday, September 6, 2007

Update on Julia


Just a quick update.


I just got home from Children's Hospital. It all went very well. Julia did great and "did not even cry" when she got her blood drawn. She said "not even a tear!" She was happy. Thanks for your prayers regarding this.


I did find out that due to an emergency infant heart cath, Julia has been moved to the third patient of the day (instead of second). We now arrive at Children's at 11am and the procedure is scheduled for 1pm. They said the procedure will take about two hours and they might leave her in ICU all night just as a precaution. They said sometimes the lungs can be "finicky." There is a sleeping chair in ICU that I can sleep on so I will be with Julia. Julia is very upbeat about this procedure. I think she is remembering all the presents she received last August when she had her open heart surgery. I did tell her that it won't be like that this time.
When I got back to school, I ran into the school counselor, Mrs. Bode. She told me that tomorrow at Wilson, there is a new student who just was adopted from Katzikstan (sp?). She has never had formal schooling and only speaks Russian. She asked me if it was okay if they got Julia together with this girl to help her. I, of course, said YES! I also told her to have the mom call me if she has questions or wants to talk. The girl will be in second grade, but Mrs. Bode thought she was 8.5 years old. I think Julia will have a new friend.
Thanks again for your prayers for this morning!
Love,
Karen/Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia is sooooo darn cute!!! I love that girl!! I am so glad that it all went so well for her (and you). She is so brave.

That is neat about the little girl too. Do you think Julia would/could talk to her in Russian???

Will you be able to post from the hospital?? (Will Mike let you take his Fathers Day present!!)

Love and hugs
Karla

Karen Combes said...

Hi Karla:

I am going to ask Mike to bring his Father's Day present. Or, they have lap tops you can borrow. Either way, we will be able to post from the hospital.

I don't know how helpful Julia will be. She has forgotten a lot of Russian. But, I think she could understand some and will like the responsibility of helping a new friend!

Love,
Karen

kaitlyn said...

Tell Jules I love her and I think she is SO brave! I will definitely be praying for her tomorrow.

That's so cool that there will be a student from kazakstan. Even if Julia can't speak Russian to her, just the comfort for that new girl of having a friend who has been in the same situation! Like Nastya was for Julia.. that is cool.

Love you all
--kait

Kersten3 said...

I am glad to hear today went so well. That is good news. Tell Julia that we will be thinking of her tomorrow. She is so very brave! I love your blog!!!
Kelly