Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ramblings from Dad

Hello Combes Family (Zoobeydoobiley Crew),

Hey, this blog is really cool. It's Sunday afternoon and I just got done sitting on the back porch praying, reading and napping. It was great to sit and pray. I have been too busy lately and have not taken the time to "be still and know that he is God." I have been continuing my reading in Psalms each morning (I love Psalms - it really speaks to me). It's been a great way to start the day, but it is quick and not really "concentrated" God time. For me to truly experience God's rest and rejuvenation, I need a good deal of time where I don't feel rushed or distracted. I still believe deeply in quick prayers and quick bible reads - they are essential to communicating effectively with God. But when I really need to feel God's love, healing and rest, I need lots of time. OK - end of sermon.

I'm looking forward to the fireworks tonight on the river. It's suppossed to be like "Thunder over Louisville". We are taking the bus so we don't end up in gridlock like Louisville. That will make the evening less stressful.

Church was fun today. It was Chuck Mingo today. It was laid back as the drummer (Josh) and Andrea (singer) just sat on a couch and talked to Chuck. I really like Chuck. We then went to Panera and listened to Julia talk about the longest dream I have ever heard of. It included Mom sitting by pool side, while the all the kids were in diving suits and jet packs (no surprise to find that Dad was not in the dream). All of you kept diving in the water and then being jetted out of the water into the air. But Julia kept going higher than everyone and ended up in outer space looking down at earth. When she landed, there were little people (5 inch sized, not like small people/big world). The little people were jumping up and down and making the earth shake. You all ended up in China somehow and all of a sudden were in a high school. When you walked out, you were in our neighborhood.

Timmy got guitar hero last night and we all played it after church today. Mom can really rock it, but Tim is the champ. He gets the crowd rocking big time. He even had a 100 note streak. I love playing it and think you might find me in the basement playing on many occassions.

I love you all. Kaitlyn and Nick, I miss you and love you. Mom, Timmy and Julia - I love you. I'm so thankful for our wonderful family.

Love, hugs and kisses,

Dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Mike:

Not to sound naive but what is guitar hero???

I like how you took the bus to NOT get gridlocked!! ha

Love
Karla

Karen Combes said...

Guitar Hero is a Play Station 2 Game. It is SOOO much fun!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh ok...... I can just see you all playing that!!! ha

Karla