Sunday, September 9, 2007

Joy for the Combes Family

Hello all from Dad.

I was very impacted by Kaitlyn's post about joy. It seems that God has filled my heart and brain with lots of thoughts about joy. My fervent prayer is for our family to experience abundant joy. Kaitlyn made a great point that we will never experience everlasting joy (until we get to heaven). We will experience pain and disappointment in our lives, but let's pray for God to show us as much joy as possible. It just hit me to not think in black and white terms regarding joy and pain. Let's experience joy in the face of disappointments and pain. As Paul talked about in Phillipians while he was in prison, "for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Phillipians 4:11-13).

My prayer is for God to "annoint us with the oil of joy" (Psalm 45:7).

We had a nice day at church. They are doing a 5 week series on love and sex; therefore, we put Tim in the place for 5th and 6th graders (Area 56). Tim was not real excited, but he ended up having fun. He was playing an intense game of air hockey when we went to pick him up. At church they had a hilarious interview with Satan about sex. When asked about homosexuality, Satan says, "I'm all for it, it leaves more chicks for the rest of us." When asked about living together,Satan says, "Just let me say this, would you buy a car without test driving it." It was classic Crossroads - risky, but very effective in getting the point across.

I am now officially sick of the heat. We have done a nice job of being positive despite the heat, but yesterday was the 45th day of the summer over 90 with 5 days over 100. The humidity was very intense yesterday. We are ready for some cooler weather. I went for a bike ride at 7:30am this morning and the humidity was so bad that I was soaking wet after the ride like I was in a rain storm.

Julia is doing great from her surgery. Tim's team lost but he played a great game. He played every play on offense. Even though he didn't play defense, he made the two best tackles of the day on a punt return and interception. Mom is doing great, but a little worn out from the whole Julia thing.

I pray for everybody to have a wonderful week with many blessings from God.

Love, hugs and kisses,

Dad

No comments: