Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Go Deutschland!

The Europe soccer championship is going on right now...and Germany played last night against Austria and won! We all went to Mambo (a bar) to watch the game. There were a lot of people there and Germany is VERY patriotic during the soccer season.

After Germany wins so many people go in their cars and drive around town honking and cheering. It was really exciting! We play again on Thursday and if Germany makes it all the way to the final game it will be on my last night in Germany. That will be exciting!

Here is a photo of me all decked out for Germany:

4 comments:

msufan56 said...

Nick,

I love that picture of you Nick. See it was actually a learning experience all those times you watched your Dad go crazy watching sporting events.

You look great. Nice shirt.

Go Germany!!!!!!!!

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Great photo!! It was so good to IM with you today Nick......I just know that "nicky has a girlfriend" ha ha

love you
Karla

msufan56 said...

Nick,

I'm dictating for Mom:

"I love the picture Nick. I love you."

Mom

Linda said...

How fun for you, Nick! I was in Japan when the world soccer championship was played between Germany and I can't remember who. But everybody was excited. All of us piled into one room and watched. One of the exchange teachers I was with was from Germany so that made it even more exciting.

Glad this experience seems so joyful.

Love you and looking forward to seeing you.

Linda