Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm Home

Hello!

Mike and I got to Cincinnati last night about 8pm. It is SOOOOO good to be home! It was a lot of fun last night with Tim and Julia AND Karla, Kelly, Haley, Kelsey, Kaylee and Kylee. We got to laughing and they are "banned" from making me laugh. ha! It hurts too much. The "cleaning ladies" must have made an appearance because the house looked great. It was a great greeting home from everyone. Julia kept hugging me. Tim gave me a big hug, too, then went on the computer. He does better with one on one time with Mom.

I am relieved to be six days post surgery. The Cleveland Clinic is an amazing place. The breast reconstruction surgical team has a contract with the VIP wing at the CC. No kidding, I was on the VIP floor. One of my nurses told me that when there is a pro player from Cleveland (Browns, Indians or Cavaliers) that has an overnight stay, they are on this floor. At the end of the hall, they had screens and armed guards outside one of the patient's rooms. Because of HIPPA (sp?) laws, we are not 100% of who the patient was, but there were "priests" (as I heard them refer to themselves, but definitely not Catholic) who walked the halls. They were big men, wearing long black gowns/robes, long black beards and a black hat of some sort. English was not their primary language. I didn't ever see the actual patient walking the halls. It was a surreal experience. The nursing staff was top-notch. I don't think there could ever be a better hospital stay for me EVER.

Thanks for reading this blog over the last week and following this journey. Linda arrives on Tuesday to assist. THANK YOU Linda!!! I will be unable to drive for awhile and she will entertain Julia.

Kaitlyn, I'm thinking of you this week. Yesterday her boyfriend, Michael, arrived with a Medical Missions team. She hasn't seen Michael for over a month and I know she misses him. The Monfils family is also down in Haiti this week. I know all involved will have a memorable week, but especially Kait. I will keep you in my prayers.

Nick gets back from Germany in eight days, but who is counting. =-) Can't wait to have him home.

6 comments:

Karen Combes said...

I just can't wait any longer for Kait to post a comment.......It is so nice to have Mike and Karen home. We did great while they were gone, but they are so much fun to be with!

I am not joking, within 5-10 minutes of them being home, Karen had us laughing so hard we had tears!! She is so funny and she isn't even trying!

Ask her about being wheeled out in the streets from surgery to recovery!! ha ha Gotta love that girl!

We are having a cookout tonight and then Tim and Mike are going to a movie. Tim could not wait for his dad to get home so that they could go to a movie.

Ok, Kait, its your turn now!! Oh ya, you are probably way too busy with Michael there!! Have fun!

Karen Combes said...

That last post was from me!!!

Karla

Nick said...

glad you are home! will linda be there when i get back?!

Karen Combes said...

Linda will be leaving on Saturday. We can't wait for you to come home!!! Enjoy your last week on your adventure.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it's this Monday and not last Monday. Glad to hear you're doing well and that Karla and Kelly are taking good care of you. I'm just amazed at how Nick can post from Germany and Kaitlyn from Haiti. I love seeing the pictures both kids have posted. I'm sure Kaitlyn is happy to have Michael and the Monfils in Haiti for this week. Take care and don't overdo!!! Love, Mom

Annie said...

My dad had surgery at Cleveland Clinic and my folks couldn't say enough good about it. When he was there (you can see how long ago it was) the Shaw of Iran was there having surgery and HE certainly had an entourage, too! He had scores of "assistants" all holding large stacks of $20 bills to give to anyone who did any service whatsoever.