Friday, June 20, 2008

Thanks from Karen

Hello Family and Friends:

I appreciate more than words can say all the prayers and comments this week. They could definitely be felt on many levels. I am healing better than I could have expected; the room accommodations exceeded my expectations; the nursing and support staff have been so very kind; the food has been delicious; BUT best of all, my favorite nurse, MIKE, is quite cute and very helpful! Honestly, it has been great to have these last six days together. He has been there for everything with a positive attitude and giving spirit. Tonight Mike is Detroit (with his sister Linda) seeing his favorite all-time singer, Burton Cummings. Two years ago with BC toured in the USA, I was diagnosed with cancer and Mike was unable to make it to any of the concerts. This summer, I wanted more than anything for him to be able to go. He left Cleveland around 2:15 and is at the concert as I write this. I know he is having a blast and a much deserved "break" from his nursing duties. Mike....I love you and thanks for all your love this past week.

Tomorrow afternoon I will be discharged. I am now ready to head back to Cincinnati. I'm sore but know that I am ready for the next step. I will go home with three drains. YUCK!

Thanks for all the love!!!

Love,
Karen

8 comments:

kaitlyn said...

yay a post from mom! and I am FIRST to comment. I beat Karla for once! yess

I miss you, I can't wait till you get home so we can talk. I'm so thankful this week was such a good, positive experience and that you and dad got to spend quality time together.

Michael and the team get here tomorrow:) I am very excited as I'm sure you can imagine.

I LOVE YOU soooo much
Love,
Kait

Karen Combes said...

HI KAITLYN!!!

I am so excited for tomorrow for you!!! I know you must be so excited. I will pray for Michael as he experiences Haiti for the first time! I will email you soon!!

I love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen:

I don't quite know what to say if I can't be the first to comment!! ha

Tim has his lunch packed etc for tomorrow and we plan to leave for the city in plenty of time....Kelsey and my girls are riding with me and Kelly and Haley will take Jules to her game!!

What would you like for dinner tomorrow night if you make it this way??

We CANNOT wait to see you guys!

Love you

PS It works better if I comment instead of call because a nurse can't interupt me this way!! ha ha

Karen Combes said...

Too funny, Karla!!

It is strange how I will sit here by myself then right when someone calls, a nurse will walk in.

I'm used to eating gourmet so something like that will be just fine. ha....jk!!

Whatever you make for dinner is fine with me. Don't go to too much trouble!!! Glad Tim got his lunch made and thanks for taking him downtown! This will be a crazy day and I appreciate you guys!!

Love,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Karen:

Are hamburgers and hot dogs considered gourmet??? I know that Rod burgers would be but hmmmmm...not sure about Kelly and Karla burgers!! I do have to say, that our cookout night was VERY tastey!

Love you

PS The cleaning ladies just got here...they have a lot to do in a short time!! I hope that they aren't too expensive!! Yikes!!

Karen Combes said...

hahaha!!!

karkel hamburgers sound very good! no one can duplicate rod burgers. not to be expected! And, karkel burgers sound like my kind of gourmet!!

tell the cleaning ladies to not work too hard! miss you guys and can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if anyone will see this comment, but I talked to Karen about 3:30 and they are just now out of Cleveland. They cannot wait to get home to see the kids!

We have had a great week! We look forward to having Karen and Mike back with us for a couple days before we head back home.

We will be seeing them sometime in the next 4-5 hours.

Linda said...

Welcome home, Karen and Mike.

Love,

Linda and Tom