Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Paris Photos

So Paris was a blast! I got there Thursday and stayed through Sunday. I stayed with a friend (Mike) who is doing an internship there this summer. I got to see all the sights as well as meet a lot of Mike's friends. So I got to do the touristy stuff but also got a true "french" experience staying in a french apartment (an elderly woman named Madame something I can't pronounce lives there) and meeting so many different Parisians (haha). Here are some pictures!


Me on a street near the Eiffel Tower. This was while we were searching for food after we went up in it.


Me in front of the opera house from Phantom of the Opera!!!! I didn't know it was there and I was so happy when I saw it. We went inside and saw it too.


Here are Renee, Dani, and Calvin sipping coffee in a park in Paris. Calvin and Renee are on my study abroad and came to Paris with me. They stayed with Dani (middle) and she is doing the same program as Mike.


Here is me, Mike, and his friend Sarah on top of the Eiffel Tower! It was sweet up there!


Here is me in front of the Arc de Triumph (sp? oh yeah I need to mention that none of my french spelling is going to be correct)


Me in front of this basilica called Sacré-Cœur (I looked that one up)

This weekend I am going to Hamburg, Germany! Should be fun! I'll post after I get back for sure and let you know how it went.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick....great photos!!! You are so good about posting..photos and all!!! Looks like you are having a blast!

Keep having fun and keep posting!!

Love you lots
Karla

Karen Combes said...

Hi Nick! Looks like you had such a good time and are making some awesome memories! Great photos!

We are having fun in Rochelle. I forgot my camera so there won't be any pictures. =-( I love you and miss you!!!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Isn't Paris so beauitful! There are lots of exciting things to find throughout the streets. I had a ton of fun exploring the city the two times I have been there. I do wish that I understood a bit more French ( more then hello, goodbye, and thank you) so that I could chat with the locals. I did get to see some amazing places in the city, I need to go back again though!These pictures bring back memories... You must have seen the light go on at the Eifel Tower? How nice was that! :)

msufan56 said...

Nick,

Great pictures - I wish I were there were you. Did you go inside the Opera House and pound a gavel and say, "Lot 666........." I would love to hear your Phantom speech in the actual Opera House.

I love you and miss you.

Love and Blessings,

Dad

Anonymous said...

awwww nick i miss you!!

Annie said...

How wonderful! I want a cup of that coffee!

Linda said...

Mon cher Nick,

Belle photos. Je suis heureuse tu as la chance voir Paris. J'ai studie Francais pendant cinq annee, mais je ne peux pas parler tres bon. Deutsch est mehr facile pour moi.

Okay, enough of my very rough French. I always confuse German and French and can never remember all the words I need.

I know you are having the time of your life and that is tremendous. You belong in Europe! I can see you at cafes all the time (and at a few drinking establishments as well). You make friends everywhere. God rejoices!

Love you. Take care. Tom loved your pictures and says hi.

Linda