Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weekend in Paris

Hey everyone! Things are still going great in Germany. Last weekend I didn't end up traveling anywhere..I stayed here in Mayen. That was really nice though and was really relaxing. This city feels like my third home! (After Cincinnati and East Lansing)

This weekend however I am going to Paris! I am very excited. I am going with 2 other people from the trip but I am staying with a friend who has an internship there this summer. That will save a lot of money since I don't have to get a hostel! Our train leaves tomorrow (thursday) at like 1:30 and is about a 7 hour train ride. We had to take a longer route which doesn't go through Belgium because one of the people who is going didn't buy her eurail pass for belgium. But its only an hour longer than the normal route. It should be a fun weekend! Not exactly sure what we're going to do in paris...all the touristy stuff I'm sure. The eiffel tower...the Louvre...chagte leyessey (sp?!?!) phonetical: shant-ah leesay..arc de triumph. as you can see my french is a mess. i'll stick with the german language.

This week we had class again. It really is not hard though and there isn't much homework. On Monday night we had something called Rotarierabend (Rotary Evening) and it was at one of the host family's home. The dad is in the Rotary Club so it was a time for the American students to get to know the rotary club. (Rotary club if you don't know is a club with older men and they do charity stuff and other stuff that I'm not really sure of...lol) There was a tent sent up in front of the house. There was LOTS OF FOOD. And they kept bringing beers out to you! I had to tell the person firmly that I didn't want anymore!!! Because they keep bringing it out more and more and look at you like you're crazy if you don't want more! It's funny. And the person serving the beer was like a 9 year old boy named Jonas. It was HILARIOUS.

On Tuesday we took a day trip to Koblenz. It's about 30 minutes away from Mayen. We had a city tour and then a boat ride down the Rhein! We saw lots of castles and beautiful buildings.

Continue to pray for me on the trip! Everyday my goal is to just shine the light of Christ and become more like him. What more could I want? Also pray that I can enjoy every second of the trip...because the time is already going so fast! I miss all of you!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!! Have a great weekend and thanks for letting us know how to pray for you!!

Love and miss you!!

Karen Combes said...

Hi Nick! Thanks for the great post. I hope you have a great weekend in Paris. Tell Mike hi for us. I will continue to pray for you and thanks for letting me know specifically how I can pray! I love you and miss you!
Love,
Mom

msufan56 said...

Nick,

Thanks for the post. Funny how God works - I had just finished praying for you and my prayer was that "Chris would shine through you so that others would see Christ." Wow - pretty cool, huh!!

Have a great time in Paris. I wish I was traveling with you. It all sounds so fun and exciting.

I'll continue to pray that God covers you with his love, guidance, direction and protection.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike....who is Chris?? ha ha just joking!!

msufan56 said...

Karla,

Ha, ha. I guess I better start proof reading better.

Praise God and his almighty son Chris (I mean Jesus Christ).

Mike

kaitlyn said...

Nick-

GOOD FRENCH!! It's Champs-Elysses. But I knew what ya meant, so who cares right?

Anyway, I hope your weekend in Paris is going great! You get to see Mike, that's very cool. You are getting to see so much of Europe, that's sweet. So much adventure. I'm glad to hear that Mayen feels like your third home. It's nice that you can travel and stuff but then come back to a place that feels like home.

I love you! I miss you!

Kait

Linda said...

Ah, Paris! Wie wunderbar. Die Stadt ist so schon in der Nacht. Hofentlich wirst du die viele Lichte sehen. Erinnerst du wenn wir "die Bateau Rouge" diskuterien haben?

Ich war in Paris nur zwei Tage und habe die Louvre nicht besucht. Das freut mich nicht! Du musst mir alles beschreiben!

Willkommen bei Mayen.

Mit viele Liebe,

Tante Linda