Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday Update

I saw Karen in ICU at 8:30am. She is doing as well as can be expected. She did not sleep very well last night with all the commotion of ICU and with the increasing discomfort she is feeling as the pain medication wears off. It's also hard to sleep when you cannot role over on your side. They did give her a sponge bath this morning and she is looking great.

Karen will be moving to a new room within the hour. I'm already up in the new room. It is really nice. It's a single room and it looks more like a hotel room than a hospital room. When I entered the lobby for this unit, it was more like entering a Holiday Inn than a hospital. We are on the 7th floor with a nice view of Cleveland (well, as nice as the "mistake on the lake" can possibly look. You have to understand that people from Detroit and Cincinnati don't particularly care for Cleveland. And since I'm from Detroit and live in Cincinnati, I have a double dislike for Cleveland. Actually it's all in good fun. Just like the Michigan State and Michigan thing - right Linda and Kaitlyn.)

Karen should be up here soon. As I get more information, I'll pass it along.

Love,

Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike:

We found the Plex!! ha ha I don't know if you got my message but we found it and got him set up with Michael. I met Dawna...she is very nice. She gave us our passes, so we are set for any weather!

Could you please give us the address and room number that Karen is in....Mom wants to send some flowers to brighten her room!!

You can just post it here and mom will check this!!

Love
Karla

Linda said...

Mike,

Whatever do you mean about the Michigan State and Michigan thing? I wasn't aware there was anything connected to dislike or disdain or disagreement or...etc. Perhaps I am arrogantly above these petty differences...or NOT!

Love you,

Linda